Labels

Thursday 6 October 2016

How to come up new idea for Blog Post or Youtube Video's

When it come's to Blog or Video idea's there are thousands to choose between that it can be overwhelming. As a Blogger and Youtuber I want my contents to be insightful, well-rounded, exciting, personal, and inviting to new audience. With so much already out there I find it hard to come up with new and fresh idea's. 

Here are my top tips for discovering new idea's

Go for a walk.

Ideally for me it would be along a beach listen to the waves gently glide over the sand, but I live nowhere near the sea, so a good stroll through my local country park (which happily is only a 2 minute walk from my house) will have to do. There is something about the quiet and calm that really make me happy, and gives me time to think without any worldly distractions. Take a note pad and a pen, find a bench or a spot of grass and write what every comes to mind. 


Work it out.

Ah the Gym. It is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.
Me? I am a mixture of both. Hate going there, but once I am there I put everything I have got into it.  
It is anything great place to think (and hopeful shift some pounds) While working out on a machine I find that my brain likes to take a wander. If an idea catches me, I can think it though, make plans, take notes without googling how other people have done this. 

Pinterest.

The home of all things creative.
Have an idea, but can't think where to take it? Check out Pinterest, it has everything you could wish for. I am not saying you should copy other peoples idea's, but let Pinterest inspire you to come up with you own idea's. I find that I can spend hours on Pinterest just browsing for idea's. Pinterest is also a great place to advertise your Blog and find new Bloggers. Honestly if you haven't checked out Pinterest, make sure it is the first thing you do after readying this post, you won't be sorry :) https://www.pinterest.com/

Get out and about.

Stuck in our own little world it is easy to lose sight of the things that matter to us, so take a trip into town. Visit your favourite shops, take your time and have a good browse. Go to your favourite clothes store and try on something new, go to the drugstore and see what is has just been released or find a new shade of nail polish or lipstick. Going into your local book store and see if there are any new books you wish to read. If you like arts and crafts then go to you local craft store, take you time and see what you find. Rediscover what it is you are interested in and hopeful new idea's should flood in.

Start at the Beginning

This one may seem odd as I keep saying to focus on yourself and not copy others, but bear with me. 
With all have our favourites, Blogger's, Youtubers, we all have them, and it can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we have to have to produce the same level of contents as the professionals. So take a look at their early work, go back and read their first post or watch their first video. We have become accustomed to a certain level of professionalism and we think that we should deliver the same quality as people who have had years to craft there work, but they started at the beginning too, and before they become renowned for their work they just want to have some fun and work on projects that matter to them or thing they like. Don't get caught up so much in what other are doing and just do what you love and the rest will fall into place.

If you have any tips you want to share then leave them in the comment section.

Kerry.


  

1 comment:

  1. Love these tips, I have a section on my phone for putting ideas in so I don't forget them when I have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete