Labels

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Music In Me

Sitting on the stool of my new keyboard I feel a wave of calm fall down upon me like cool air on a hot day. Gently I glide my fingers over the key before softly tapping away.

Peaceful moment ruined however when I remember that I can't play and the only sound I am making is basically know as a racket.

I remember the first time I ever played with a piano, I was 4 years old, first year of school. We had a piano in the hall and I got to play it one day ( I don't remember why.) The teacher taught me to play Twinkly Twinkly and I remember how happy it made.

Most of my earliest memories involve music. I remember when we went on holiday we would listen to music in the car, our favourite tapes were Disney, Beach Boys and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yep your read right. Appently I use to sing Touch-A Touch-A Touch-Me at the top of my lungs around my Grandparents house, that had never heard the song and I was only 3, but I can only imagine what my Parent must have thought. Heehee it makes me laugh.

One Christmas my Parents brought me and my older Sister a Keyboard, I was so excited. I played it all the time and put on little shows in our living room. My Dad would film them, I have never seen them, but the thought makes me cringe just a little. Embarrassment!

Like all thing, my old Keyboard broke and the music was gone from my everyday life, but I stilled played at school during music lesson, My Dad says that he regrets not putting me in for private piano lesson, but they just couldn't afford to, and I didn't seem to mind.

Now in my 20s I am able to buy my own Keyboard and fall in love with playing again. Music is a bigger part of my life than I ever thought it would, I don't think I have gone one day without it. Must people fear losing phone because they won't be able to communicate with others, for me it would be about not being able to listen to my music.

Music make me happy and if something so simple makes you happy you should hold onto it for dear life.
     

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you have fallen back in love with playing again. I totally agree with your last line - Do what makes you happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, music has been a big part of my life too and it's such an amazing part of life. Your post reminded me of that again - lovely!

    ReplyDelete